Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Punctual Homeschool Family

You may be wondering why I have posted an impossibility as my title.  Even my family has never been too good with time, unless my dad was responsible for driving when I was younger...

So what are some of the classic lines you will hear from a homeschool family regarding time and what do they mean?  I have listed a few quotes with translations to help you understand how to deal with a homeschool family that is usually late.

"We are five minutes away"
Translation: "We left five minutes ago.  We will be there in about 15-20 minutes."

"Let's meet at around 1 pm."
Translation: "Expect us to be there between 1:30 and 2:00."

"The event will last for 2 hours."
Translation: "The event will start 10 minutes late, because we have to wait for everyone else to get here.  Also, we never timed the performance, but seriously it's probably much closer to 3.5 hours."

I give you this information not to scare you, but to prepare you.  This vital information and has helped me deal with those who are not so time conscious in my life.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment